College Corner"Shoremen at the Next Level"
September 4, 2004
It was a banner day for the Avon Lake guys who are playing this year. Many of us Shoremen fans spent a few hours switching channels between the Ohio State - Cincinnati game, where Mike D'Andrea made his first start at linebacker for the Buckeyes, and the Miami U. - Michigan game, with Dave Rehker starting at left guard for the Redhawks. Mike was credited with four tackles, including a solo tackle for a loss. Dave played a very solid game in Miami's loss.
- Jeff Strauch, senior running back for Division 3 powerhouse Mount Union, had a 54 yard TD run in the Purple Raiders' 38-0 victory over Washington (MO).
- For Oberlin College, senior co-captain John Ramsier, a four-year starter at defensive tackle, recorded 10 tackles, including a nine-yard sack, to lead the Yeomen in their narrow 18-15 loss to CWRU. The other co-captain is Zach Lewis, senior wide receiver. Zach had one catch for 6 yards in the game. Junior Shawn Brunner also saw action for Oberlin at tight end.
- The all-time rushing leader for the Shoremen, Jon Schroeder, is already seeing significant playing time for Ashland University. The freshman running back has 21 carries for 69 yards and a TD in the Eagles first two games. John, who has also caught two passes, joins his brother Jason Schroeder on the A.U. team. Jason is a senior offensive tackle and two-year letterman.
- Senior defensive lineman Jason Eisele recorded one tackle in his first game at Youngstown State. Jason transferred to YSU for his final year of eligibility after 3 season as a Purdue Boilermaker.
- Senior offensive lineman Mark Lightfoot played in Wooster's 27-6 win over Muskingum.
- Sophomore DT Derek Fabry had two tackles in BW's 27-14 victory over Allegheny.